Although Grant Gulch is slightly off the beaten path, there are a wide variety of activities available within a very short distance.
Just 10 minutes from Grant Gulch, Zion National Park offers many beautiful hiking trails; from easy walks to challenging overnight excursions. Horseback riding, river rafting and guided tours are also available in the park, and for the casual sightseer a drive through Zion Canyon provides some of the most awe inspiring views on earth.
Local & Nearby Activities
• Horseback riding (Zion & other locations)
• Mountain biking (throughout the area)
• Rafting & river tubing rentals (Springdale - 10 minute drive)
• Fishing (Lake Powell and throughout the area)
• Gambling (Mesquite, Nevada - one hour drive)
• Movie theaters (St. George, Hurricane, and Cedar City)
• Tennis (St. George)
• IMAX movie theater (Springdale)
• Golf (St. George - 45 minute drive)
• Skiing (Brian Head - one hour, 10 minute drive)
• Snowmobile (Cedar City area - 45 minute drive)
• Boating & water skiing (Lake Powell - one hour, 45 minute drive)
• Swimming (Lake Powell and throughout the area)
• Live theater (Cedar City)
The ghost town of Grafton is located one mile west of Grant Gulch. This former Mormon settlement was featured in the movie "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid." Although the few remaining structures cannot be entered, Grafton's two streets and the quaint, historic cemetery are open to the public at no charge.
Visit the Zion Arts and Humanities Council. Z-Arts! recognizes the inherent value of art as integral to a healthy, holistic community. As the oldest and continuously successful community arts organization in Utah, Z-Arts! continues to enrich many lives through the arts and humanities.